Experienced Software Engineer - Link
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Link is how millions of users interact with Plaid, and is a critical part of onboarding for some of the most popular apps in the world. The Link team is responsible for continually evolving Link to be a high quality and streamlined experience for our end users and customers. The team ensures that Plaid’s thousands of customers can easily integrate with Plaid Link, as we create new ways for end users to engage with Plaid Link. We are a highly collaborative, remote-first team whose work spans a variety of technologies, services and product areas at Plaid. Our API and most of our backend services are written in Go, and our frontend components are built in Typescript using React.
The Link Foundations team is responsible for the core user flows, frameworks (server-driven UIs), and SDKs for Plaid: Link. We’re responsible to ensure our core account linking product works across all customer shapes and sizes, and across all different customer use cases. We see a huge opportunity to provide the most seamless and secure linking experience as a way to improve the performance of all of Plaid’s products.
As a member of the team, you will lead initiatives for the next-generation of seamless user experiences for Plaid Link. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, you’ll help define and deliver key initiatives for Link, ensuring that our customers can easily integrate with Link as we create new ways for our end users to experience Plaid Link.
- You will work closely with a highly iterative, cross-functional team to understand product requirements and legal constraints to build the next-generation core account linking experience for consumers and customers.
- You will deeply understand client needs and architect solutions tailored to their use cases.
- You will partner with other teams across Plaid, working closely with other engineering teams as well as Product, Design, Data Science, and more to iterate on and productionize new products and improve existing products.
- You will own and lead projects, step up as a trusted member of the team’s oncall rotation, advocate for technical and process changes, mentor more junior engineers, and follow best practices to increase overall system reliability.
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer working fullstack (backend-leaning).
- Excellent coding and testing skills.
- Experience working with large scale backend systems, especially evolving complex architectures.
- Experience working with large-scale deployments of client / server APIs.
- Experience as a project lead, working with other engineers, and other functions (product, design, data science) to drive execution.
- [Nice to Have] Experience working with server-driven UIs.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.