Technical Training Lead
IT, People & HR
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Who you are:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Training Lead to join our dynamic team. As
a Technical Training Lead, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our technical solutions
and products as well as help grow the team. Your mortgage expertise, strong communication skills,
development capabilities and ability to understand and address complex customer challenges will be
essential in ensuring the success of our solutions.
Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading and apply today!
What you’ll do:
- Have a bias for action to tackle ambiguity and deliver clarity when rolling up your sleeves on a project.
- Own strategy for documentation and supporting tooling — decide what to write and how to write it after developing an understanding of what users need. This includes training development, knowledge base creation and maintenance, and supporting customer forums.
- Lead internal technical training for our customer support and implementation teams. This includes helping our internal team navigate the product, navigate configuration, and serve as a credible expert to our customers regardless of where they are in their journey.
- Develop customer training / self-service support to ensure our customer success. This includes customer content, internal knowledge bases, and tooling to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Collaborate with the solutions engineering team to contribute content that will further their understanding of product capabilities internally and externally.
- Write technical product documentation (tutorials, guides, references, and more) both individually and in collaboration with engineers as subject matter experts.
- Review and edit technical content, including documentation, user guides, whitepapers, blog posts, and other materials, to ensure accuracy, consistency, and adherence to style guidelines, industry standards, and best practices.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely release of product documentation.
- Demonstrate understanding in general software engineering to translate technical topics into easily understood concepts.
- Lead onboarding for new technical writers, providing guidance and mentorship.
What you have:
- Proven experience in developing curriculum and learning path design for mortgage technology both internally and externally.
- Experience using capital markets software.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prior experience in mentoring or leading junior team members is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong customer-focused attitude with a keen understanding of how to address customer needs and pain points.
- Experience with LMS systems, content management systems, ticketing systems,msoftware documentation packages (ClickHelp, FrameMaker, MadCap/Flare), API documentation packages (Postman, Readme.io), and other adjacent supporting technologies.
- [Preferred] Strong technical background with expertise in software development, systems architecture, and cloud technologies.
- [Preferred] Mortgage Vertical Skills: Experience working with mortgage pricing engines, capital markets software, or loan origination systems
What do your first 90 days look like?
- Develop and deploy the technical mechanism to onboard and securely share curriculum content with Polly customers (e.g., login, system selection, etc.)
- Leveraging existing training content within the above framework, organize a curriculum for all customer personas to help them onboard and incrementally develop expertise in the Polly system.
- Develop a work list identifying the training assets that require modernization and build a plan to complete the modernization over future quarters.
- Document Polly’s API offering leveraging best practices and instilling repeatable policy.
- Build a plan to incorporate sample code and other developer tools over time with assistance from the Product and Engineering teams.
Why join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets
ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s
revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and
actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value
chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly
was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is
headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, follow Polly on LinkedIn or visit www.polly.io.
Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran
status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and