Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Are you ready to build software loved by thousands of restauranteurs and used by millions of people every day? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you understand how your team’s contributions align with your company’s goals? Will you raise the bar of those around you? If you answered yes to all these questions, Popmenu could be the place for you!
About this Opportunity:
Popmenu is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to deliver innovative technology solutions to thousands of restauranteurs and millions of diners, and to scale our product as we become the must-have technology for restaurants. Our ideal candidate is familiar with Django or Ruby on Rails and React. They will have significant experience working in a fast-growing organization or have meaningfully contributed to software with millions of daily users. This person will have experience on cross-functional delivery teams and is an eager collaborator with their product organization.
What's on Your Plate:
- Expressing your mastery: You will emphasize changeability, simplicity, testability, and polish in order to quickly deliver exemplary code that performs well and that your less experienced teammates will learn from.
- Setting an Example for Team Collaboration: You will be on a cross-functional delivery team composed of Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers, with QA support. You know how to drive towards shared understanding of goals, and you put your team’s success before your own.
- Improving our Ecosystem: We have an incredible set of tools and practices, but it can always be better. We want you to utilize your experience to find opportunities for your delivery team, and for the engineering department to improve. If the team is bought in, you will take ownership and make your initiatives real.
- Raising the Bar: Your more junior teammates and peers will consistently show improvement based on opportunities that you help them identify. You will guide them to solutions rather than give them answers.
Bottom Line – You will set an example for how software is written at Popmenu, and you will ensure your teammates meet your expectations of quality. You will collaborate cross-functionally, always trusting your teammates to have the best intentions, and you will buy-in to playing as a team to win.
What You Bring to the Table:
- You have 4+ years of experience in a high-growth SaaS development environment or 6+ years of total professional development experience, with a degree in Computer Science or years of equivalent experience.
- You have worked extensively on cross-functional software delivery teams, and you can collaboratively decompose real-world software problems.
- You have won some tough battles while scaling your team’s software, and you have monitored application performance and bug incidence.
- You have great communication skills and can collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to help decompose problems and facilitate technical discussion.
- You have deep experience with Django or Ruby on Rails, plus JS/React, or similar technologies.
- Tests are part of your code. You use tools like RSpec to help define the interfaces of your software components and to efficiently understand and solve problems.
- You are familiar with Cypress or other automated end-to-end testing tools.
- You are not a DBA, but you know how to design database tables, use advanced query techniques, and modify tables and constraints sustainably as your software grows and performance demands increase.
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS company in the restaurant/hospitality sector with more than 10,000 restaurant clients. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and their customers. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving:
- Genuine Core Values: We asked our employees what’s most important to them in the workplace and carefully sculpted our 4 core values to truly represent our company culture. We’re proud that our culture has been recognized with several awards including Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work and Top Workplaces USA. We’re even prouder that peers recognize each other on a monthly basis for exemplifying our values with what we call Super Booms.
- Giving Back: In addition to our larger partners such as the Giving Kitchen, our culture champions (aka monthly Super Boom winners) pick a cause they are passionate about, and we’ll make a donation in their name.
- Visible Growth and Development: There is no way to avoid personal growth in a start-up! We keep innovating and improving and our team members keep growing as well. Just in the last year, 1 out of 5 team members has been promoted into a new role.
- Company Ownership: When we say, “Act Like an Owner”, we put our money where our mouth is! Every single team member receives meaningful company equity options because we recognize that every role is important for our success.
- Benefits for the Whole Family: Along with the typical medical, dental, vision, 401K benefits, we’ve got your furry family members covered with our Wagmo Wellness Plan.