Android Developer (Remote)
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with over 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We're looking for an Android Engineer to join our Wonoloer team and help take our mobile app to the next level and make Wonolo indisputably the best experience in the category through high-quality mobile user experiences. You will be part of a team that is in charge of our end-user experience which is the primary touchpoint of the worker community.This team consists of native iOS, Android, and backend engineers to have full control of the experience. You will have visibility to all aspects of product development, and collaborate closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to push new features that will improve the experience of hundreds of thousands of people looking for jobs on our platform. You should have experience building amazing high-performance applications on mobile. If you're looking for an exciting high profile and high-impact opportunity then you've come to the right place!
We are open to remote candidates located anywhere in Canada #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Build new features from scratch
- Write clean, maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
- Identify, work on, and solve complex challenges
- Collaborate across functions, to transform our user pain points and business needs into intuitive experiences
- Champion engineering excellence with a sense of urgency
- Mentor and collaborate with remote team members through code reviews and pairing
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience building consumer Android applications in Java and Kotlin that have received high ratings in the Google Play Store
- Understanding of the Android lifecycle and APIs
- Experience working in every step of the mobile development process: development, debugging, and deployment
- Strong knowledge of architecture patterns
- You have solid communication skills and are excited about collaborating with backend teams, Product Managers, and Designers
- You care deeply about the craft of software development and stay on top of emerging technologies and best practices
- You can articulate technical trade-offs of different approaches, know-how and when to deviate from established best practices, and can admit when you're wrong
- You have the desire to grow, mentor, and learn from your fellow developers, regardless of level
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience delivering products in an agile environment
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Wonolo
Something looks off?