Senior Product Analyst (B2B)
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
The Product Analytics function partners closely with Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers, and Engineers to deliver data-driven insights that strongly influence what new products we build, or measure what impact a new product has had.
This analyst will be dedicated to the Demand technology team, which focuses on the Customer Portal (the web app employers use to hire and manage workers through our platform). You’ll be deeply embedded within the team, acting as a key thought partner with Product and Design, and helping to shape the roadmap of new features that are developed for our customers. You’ll touch all aspects of the user experience, ranging from the activation funnel, to feature usage and performance, and aspects that drive user retention and engagement. You’ll become our go-to expert on user behavior, and help shape our understanding of their motivations and pain points. You will also work closely with the Product Analyst dedicated to the Supply team, which focuses on the Wonoloer (worker) app, in cross-team initiatives and research projects.
Our current analytics stack consists of Looker, Snowflake, dbt, and Amplitude. We encourage you to apply even if these are novel to you - if you have a solid understanding of data and SQL, most of this stack is quite easy to learn.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the Philippines #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Develop insights that drive new product work for the Demand team and its products. This is both at a high, strategic level (e.g. what product attribute should we improve to impact retention), as well as tactical, day-to-day decisions (e.g. which menu items in the app are used the most frequently, so that we can place these more prominently in the navigation?)
- Measure the impact of new features, and work with the Product Manager on launch / no-launch decisions, and future improvements.
- Design and execute statistical analysis and experiments to assess the relation between product features, user behaviors and outcomes.
- Develop product health metrics and KPIs
- Partner with Product and Engineering on the instrumentation of new products and features
- Collaborate cross-functionally both within the Technology team (Product, Design, User Research, Engineering) and with the broader business teams (Supply Management, Growth Marketing, Business Analytics, and more)
Who you are:
- You have at least 4+ years of experience working in data analytics
- You have Mastery-level SQL skills.
- You are able to take an open-ended, ambiguous high-level question and break it down into specific analyses and provide answers.
- You have strong expertise with common analytical frameworks and analyses types, e.g. A/B test analyses, retention analyses, conversion funnels, root cause analysis.
- You have experience using regression analysis for statistical inference.
- You think critically about analyses, goals, and strategy; ask good questions and pressure-tests assumptions. You have a healthy suspicion of data quality.
- You have a good sense of user behavior; able to link possible explanations for user behavior and what we might see in the data.
- You are a strong communicator. You are able to speak in deep technical detail to the other analysts or data eng, but also able to abstract out and deliver key findings to stakeholders with less technical acumen.
- You exemplify a humble competence that inspires others and raises our collective bar (#OneTeamOneDream).
Nice to haves:
- Experience designing A/B tests
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.