Digital Marketing Intern - Unpaid Internship (For Credit Only)
Marketing & Communications
Remote, OR, USA · United States
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative individual to learn under a member of our Digitial Marketing team as a Digital Marketing Intern. The Digital Marketing intern will gain skills in developing paid media strategies, such as utilizing paid advertising channels to promote our brand messaging to targeted audiences. The Digital Marketing Internship at Wonolo is an incredible way to learn the landscape of an energetic technology startup company focusing on providing on-demand staffing solutions in today's labor economy.
All student candidates must be currently enrolled in a college, university, or technical school. Candidates should display a knowledge of digital marketing concepts and strategies, strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as ingenuity and an eagerness to learn. Candidates must also possess an understanding of data analytics to measure campaign performance and make data-driven decisions. Students must also provide a detailed description of internship credit requirements so we can work with your schedule. This is a Fall 2023 internship experience for college credit.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States #LI-Remote.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the States of California, Colorado, New York City, Ithaca, New York, Westchester County, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely within these locations.
What you'll do:
- This description only provides an overview of potential internship experiences and is subject to change based on your existing skillset and experience as well as your educational goals
- Assist in managing and creating content for various channels to increase brand visibility and engagement
- Management of online marketing campaignsConduct keyword research and implement search engine marketing (SEM) strategies to enhance website visibility and drive targeted paid search traffic
- Analyze campaign performance using tools like Google Analytics to provide insights and recommendations for optimization
- Research marketing channels, analyze effectiveness, and build a data-driven strategy encompassing objectives, target audience, and content types for optimal results
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing material and digital content
- Conception, planning, and implementation of marketing measures with a focus on user acquisition
Who you are:
- Enrolled in relevant degree programs, including but not limited to marketing, communications, and advertising (Required)
- Work authorization for credit (Required)
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing concepts (Required)
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools, like Google Analytics (Required)
- Design and/or writing experience is a plus, but not required
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to generate innovative marketing solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for content creation and collaboration with team members
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret marketing data and derive actionable insights
- Self-motivation and the capacity to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Willingness to learn more about each of the above bullet points through guided research and discussion
A successful applicant will possess the following:
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.