Senior Product Researcher (B2B)
Argentina · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Senior Product Researcher (B2B) to work with Wonolo’s Demand team. You will be employed by a third-party legal entity authorized to do business in the location in which you reside and you will provide contractual services to Wonolo’s Demand team. You will work closely with Wonolo’s Product Management and Engineering teams to bring innovative experiences to life for Wonolo’s customers (we call them Requestors), both mid-market and enterprise businesses who rely on Wonolo to connect them with front-line workers. You will play an active role in the product development process for our comprehensive line of web and mobile applications our Requestors use to post and manage their jobs, rate and pay workers, and monitor overall performance with Wonolo. This is a great opportunity to work on large-scale products and lead key architectural initiatives. You will be a big driver in delivering a world-class customer experience.
Join us as a Senior Product Researcher (B2B) and become a driving force behind our marketplace's success. Conduct B2B user research, deliver strategic insights, and shape our product and design strategies. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, partnering closely with the Supply team researcher, and report directly into product leadership. We value a strong B2B research background, with bonus points for marketplace or staffing platform experience. Make your mark in a dynamic environment where your expertise truly matters.
Product Design at Wonolo is part of the Technology team composed of Product Managers and Engineers, putting users at the center of everything we do. If you are customer-obsessed, data-driven, and looking to make a positive impact at a growth startup, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in LatAm #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate closely with the supply researcher and product analytics to gain a holistic understanding of the Wonolo marketplace, designing and executing research studies that encompass both worker and customer perspectives.
- Engage cross-functional teams to gather insights, understand specific research needs, and develop a research program aligned with business objectives.
- Prioritize projects strategically, ensuring research resources are allocated for maximum impact.
- Take ownership of research studies from end to end, leading study design, participant recruitment, data collection, and analysis using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Maintain a centralized repository of research artifacts for easy access and knowledge sharing.
- Effectively communicate and present findings to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Facilitate workshops and meetings to drive ideation, iteration, and alignment.
- Establish and optimize research operations processes and workflows for efficient and scalable research activities.
Who you are:
- Demonstrate a strong track record of conducting both evaluative and generative user research studies, showcasing the ability to identify and solve "0 to 1" problems in a B2B context.
- Confidently communicate research findings, insights, and recommendations to C-suite team members with clarity and impact, making complex information accessible and actionable.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, strategically aligning research projects with business objectives and ensuring research outcomes drive impactful product, design, and strategy decisions.
- Demonstrate a strong qualitative research background with expertise in conducting in-depth interviews and exhibit familiarity with survey design and statistical analysis to complement qualitative insights with quantitative data.
- Exhibit exceptional facilitation skills, adeptly running productive meetings and fostering alignment within teams, including eliciting feedback, providing constructive criticism, and driving iterative processes.
- Skilled in analysis and synthesis techniques to transform research data into evidence-based recommendations that inform product, design, and strategy decisions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of ethical and inclusive research practices, prioritizing user well-being and promoting diversity and inclusivity throughout the research process.
- Display a proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, showcasing strong self-motivation, initiative, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Thrive in ambiguous and dynamic situations, demonstrating the ability to navigate uncertainty and make informed decisions even when faced with limited information or changing circumstances.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the dynamics and intricacies of marketplaces or staffing platforms, enabling a deep understanding of the industry landscape.
- Possess firsthand experience working in startup environments, showcasing an entrepreneurial mindset, adaptability, and a proactive approach to contribute effectively in an evolving startup culture.
- Thrive in a remote-first work environment, showcasing effective communication and collaboration skills in virtual settings.
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Health insurance through one of our valued partners
- Company laptop
- Option to be paid in US dollars
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in LatAm (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.