Sales & Business Development
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for an experienced Engagement Manager who is passionate about helping businesses succeed and meet their immediate staffing needs. You will be responsible for nurturing long-term relationships, identifying ways to expand collaboration, and finding creative opportunities to make our partners across a number of verticals (including retail, business services, and distribution/logistics) successful.
In this role, you will build strong relationships and serve as a trusted advisor to the key users of our platform. You will provide timely product insights and training to our key users to ensure adoption and growth of our platform within the customers business.
The Account Growth team at Wonolo is the oil that keeps the gears turning throughout the lifecycle of a Wonolo customer. You will join a team that loves the Wonolo mission, business strategy, building new opportunities, and growing relationships and you will be on the leading edge of helping shape the future of work.
We welcome qualified candidates located in: Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Indianapolis, IN, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA.
What you'll do:
- Partner closely with the key users of our platform to ensure full product adoption into their internal workforce staffing strategy and daily practices
- Grow, retain, and manage key user relationships within a book of business
- Develop a deep understanding of the users’ goals and effectively solution the product and tailor the user experience
- Discover, identify, and close new opportunities for account growth using a sales qualification framework
- Prospect & create personalized outreach for key users
- Participate in customer and user kick-off calls, lead post-launch reviews, and quarterly business reviews with users to align on upcoming opportunities
- Conduct regular and recurring touchpoints with all of the users in your book of business to ensure retention and growth with each user and customer venue
- Partner closely with Sales, Customer Operations, and Product teams to make sure customers have the best possible experience
- Travel as needed for customer relations (up to 30%)
Who you are:
- 4-6+ years of account management, consultative business development experience or Customer Success.
- Experience building large enterprise client relationships while also discovering and closing revenue generating opportunities
- Experience selling into or supporting clients in light industrial or HR/procurement organizations
- A self-starter with strong organizational, analytical, and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Located in one of the following markets and ability to travel to client sites: Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Indianapolis, IN, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Staffing experience
- Experience with 2-sided marketplaces
- Start-up experience
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Business Intelligence (BI) Tools (extra points for Looker experience)
- Experience using the MEDDPICC sales qualification methodology
- The expected pay range for this position is $91,200-$112,880 OTE. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, and years and depth of relevant experience. Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Wonolo’s equity plan as well as a range of health and wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Benefits and Perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.