Principal Engineer, Data Platform
DriveWealth, the pioneer of fractional equities trading and embedded investing, is a visionary technology company that empowers more than 100 partners around the world to engage their customers by placing the markets in the palm of their hand. We believe the future is fractional, transactional and mobile. Every mobile device should be a gateway to accessing investing and savings products, services, advice, and assistance for global citizens of all ages, wealth stages, and levels of financial expertise. DriveWealth’s unparalleled consultative support and cloud-based, industrial strength technology platform allow partners to seamlessly offer branded investing experiences to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and revenue growth. DriveWealth’s commitment to continuous evolution and innovation makes it the partner of choice for powering the future of investing.
Recently completing a Series D raise, DriveWealth’s mission is to democratize investing globally by working with partners to invent new ways to use its API-based technology to provide emerging investors with cutting-edge embedded experiences, offer first-time access to U.S. markets, and the ability to begin investing with as little as $1. DriveWealth is committed to empowering consumers around the world to become owners by delivering the most modern brokerage infrastructure, unparalleled industry expertise, and a culture of continued evolution.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Data & Analytics team at DriveWealth creates data products that provide access to relevant data and insights to help customers succeed. We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our growing data & analytics team at DriveWealth. The Lead Engineer will take ownership of the data lake containing over 1 petabyte of data, and start out by focusing on creating, maintaining and monitoring data ingestion pipelines as well as the structure and costs of the lake to ensure that the data lake can scale with DriveWealth. Our growing data lake is increasingly vital as downstream data outputs are leveraged by both external partners and internal teams.
The ideal candidate is excited by the challenge of creating a well organized data system that can grow as new product features and external data sources are added upstream. Within the data & analytics team, this role will work closely with data engineers, analytics engineers and data product managers to help create a strong foundation of solid data principles. This role will be highly cross functional as data sources will come from throughout the company, so an ability to create visibility on the systems status and explain the structure is an important ability for success. Finally, the candidate should be excited about coming into a team in the process of shaping the direction of data and analytics at DriveWealth, this means balancing competing priorities and laying the groundwork for scale.
What you'll do
- Own DriveWealth’s data lake, improving upon existing ingestion, design structure and monitoring as needed to ensure scalability and accuracy of output supported by testing and verification
- Lead conversations with data product managers and business partners to ensure requirements are applicable and understandable, proactively anticipating challenges to provide viable suggestions as the subject matter expert and technical lead
- Provide thought leadership, best practices on architecture and tooling, providing mentorship and guidance to other engineers where appropriate
- Lead the establishment of standards for designing and implementing scalable data solutions
- Work with the broader data & analytics team to establish an open and scalable data culture through documentation, constructive code reviews, and visibility into priorities
What you'll need
- 10+ years of experience solving data problems with business partners
- Experience working within larger data team : CI/CD process leveraging github and AGILE development where possible
- Languages: Python, SQL, Spark (PySpark, Spark SQL)
- Compute platforms: Databricks, AWS (e.g. Delta Lake, Kinesis and Kinesis Firehose)
- Databases: DynamoDb, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Orchestration: Airflow, DBT
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent program
- Bonus points...
- Familiarity with Snowflake
- FinTech or stock market experience
Compensation package offerings are based on candidate experience and technical qualifications, as it relates to the role. These are identified and determined throughout your interviewing experience.
Please note: at this time, we are not able to hire in all states.
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD & STD. HSA and FSA options.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Continuing education and conferences reimbursement
- Fitness/Wellbeing reimbursement
- Lunch program, snacks and beverages available in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.
Something looks off?