Director, Customer Education and Community Support
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As the Director of Scalable Support, you’ll have the opportunity to bring together and lead two important and impactful pillars of our support organization: Community Support and Product Education. On the Community side, you’ll help lead and grow our one-to-many support platforms (Twitter, Support Forum, etc.) and moderation strategy, creating a safe and engaging space for our customers to ask questions, share feedback, and learn from each other. On the Product Education side, you’ll help develop and support our self-service efforts (Help Center, YouTube tutorials, etc.), creating high-quality resources that help customers find quick solutions and teach learners about Figma, design, development, and more.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Communicate clear vision and purpose, helping to draw the connection between Scalable Support and our broader company goals.
- Build and shape the future of our Scalable Support function, aligning the goals and strategies of our Community and Product Education teams, ensuring we are focused on crafting premium self-service experiences for our customers.
- Improve deflection and customer education through effective self-serve, educational content strategy, and other key initiatives, ensuring that we provide a stellar experience throughout the entire customer journey.
- Partner with Support Operations on strategic direction and implementation of automation tooling (i.e. AI chatbots, Zendesk triggers, etc.) to improve our contact flow and help our customers self-solve with ease.
- Help to drive forward our localization strategies, ensuring our teams are prepared to scale globally.
- Define, implement, and report on key performance metrics for Scalable Support, surfacing meaningful insights to our broader Product Support organization and cross functional partners.
- Ensure the team is equipped to handle critical issues and incidents, providing swift customer responses and keeping our internal teams up to speed on progress and issue resolution.
- Coach and develop our current and up-and-coming leaders with a focus on leadership skills and career development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional content teams to drive growth for Figma’s YouTube channel.
- Deliver quality support on Twitter, our forum, and other community platforms, ensuring our customers experience a responsive and engaging experience.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of work experience with 4+ years experience leading high-performing support teams and developing leaders across multiple geographical locations.
- A deep understanding of people leadership with a strong passion for building effective teams and developing talent.
- Strong technical capability and written communication skills, with the ability to turn complex ideas into easily understood concepts.
- A strong strategic mindset and comfort with navigating ambiguity with the ability to anticipate future trends.
- Experience building high performing help centers and community forums.
- A desire and steadfast approach to continuously improve the customer and employee experience.
- Experience building and leading support initiatives in the constantly evolving growth and excitement of a start-up culture.
- Familiarity with design processes and tools are a plus!
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.