Director - Business Data Science
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
- Manage, support, and grow a diverse team of data scientists, business analysts, and managers who own all aspects of data within the finance, marketing, and sales organizations
- Partner with finance, marketing, and sales leadership to set goals, strategies, and priorities
- Foster a data-driven culture by elevating metrics reporting and understanding of business trends
- Guide development of new and more sophisticated applications of data
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative community
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience managing high-output data science teams of various sizes
- Intimate experience working with Finance, Sales, and Marketing organizations
- Strong financial modeling experience and a willingness to dig into the details
- Proven track record of influencing business objectives and shipping high-quality data products that support business objectives
- Firm knowledge of statistical methods, including forecasting, lead scoring, and attribution modeling
- A passion and unwavering commitment to leveraging data and metrics to guide business decisions
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Experience scaling teams in high-growth environments
- A highly entrepreneurial “roll up your sleeves” mindset
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- How we use data
- From experiment to launch
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Measuring the value of design systems
- Figma's engineering values
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.