Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Work closely with the engineering team to define standard methodologies and goals around reliability, durability, scalability, and performance
- Address common operational challenges through better telemetry and by building tools / services
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products or infrastructure components
- Plan for the growth of Figma’s infrastructure
- Operate and maintain AWS Infrastructure
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have 5+ years of experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Have experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Demonstrate unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- Are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure
- Have a track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- Care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time, you can strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism
- Have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action
- Have excellent technical communication skills
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.