Recruiter (Tokyo, Japan)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As a full-cycle recruiter, you will help to build our Japan business from an early stage, partnering closely with recruiting leaders and our leaders in JAPAC, Europe and the US. Japan is a growing region with huge potential for Figma so we are keen to hire the very best team. You will create incredible candidate experiences, manage end to end hiring processes and lead the way in creating a pipeline of top talent. As our first Recruiter in the region you will have a major impact as we continue to build out Figma’s talent acquisition function as a whole.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Run full-cycle recruiting processes for our Go-to-Market, Business Operations, Product Support and G&A teams
- Partner with Executives in our JAPAC, EMEA and US geographies
- Source and build a healthy, consistent, and diverse pipeline for designated roles
- Understand and able to speak to your weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics and how they map to the hiring needs
- Develop sourcing strategies to engage passive talent including but not limited to cold outreach, events, and content production
- Spearhead various initiatives relating to inclusion and diversity
- Champion the culture in our growing APAC hubs
- Contribute creatively to building our employer brand
- Work on exciting projects to build the business
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- 7+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast growing business, supporting sales teams in Japan
- Knowledge of APAC SaaS landscape, competitors, and applicable events
- Advanced sourcing, engagement and closing skills
- Passion for meeting top talent, understanding what drives them, and delivering an exceptional candidate experience
- Experience partnering with senior Sales leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Heart for belonging and inclusion
- Professional level Japanese and English language skill
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.