Data Scientist - Early Career (2024)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We prefer to receive applications on RippleMatch. You'll be able to see all of our Early Career roles and apply to any of them from there!
The Data Science team at Figma partners directly with our product and engineering teams to uncover insights, influence decision making, and apply a data lens to business problems critical to Figma’s growth. Our work is diverse and evolving. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges from data engineering, analytics, experimentation, and machine learning. We seek data scientists with strong coding and statistics fundamentals and who are excellent communicators among technical and non-technical audiences.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing to turn business questions into data problems
- Evaluate experiments to measure the impact of product changes
- Define and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Communicate and document data logging and requirements
- Build models to understand user behavior and predict growth
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
In your first few months, you'll:
- Work with an onboarding buddy to make your first edits to our data tables and dashboards
- Start to build deep context and expertise in Figma's data and product
- Deliver your first product analysis
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong baseline in statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Firm knowledge around statistical methods and models
- A self-starting approach along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Read more about our team
- Inside Figma: my time as a new grad
- Inside Figma: a Q&A with our 2021 interns and new grads
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.