Manager, Product Management - Adoption & Engagement
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re hiring a leader to take us into our next phase of growth by helming our Adoption & Engagement (A&E) teams. At Figma, the A&E area is one half of the Growth Pillar, alongside Monetization. The A&E teams make Figma’s product compelling to try and easy to learn, and guides users to clear value that encourages continued usage.
As the Manager of A&E, you will lead a group of PMs whose mission is to find, activate and retain our next 10M users, with an additional focus on how our thriving Community product can contribute to Figma’s growth. You will be responsible for everything from understanding who our core and emerging self serve audiences are, how to attract them to Figma and help them get started, and keep them engaged and retained on our suite of products.
A key lever these teams have is our Community products - both to drive engagement with creators and matching the resources they create with users across the funnel. This is a broad scope that’s critical to our rapidly growing business. You will specialize in fostering community engagement to raise brand awareness, drive user traffic to Figma, and help users and their teams learn Figma and consistently derive value from our product suite.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Develop a cohesive strategy for how Figma will acquire, activate, and engage our next 10M users
- Work in partnership with our marketing org to align leaders and teams on a community-led growth strategy to both engage our wonderfully active community and supercharge our funnel
- Work with your team, develop a portfolio of features and experiments that make Figma exciting to try, easy to learn and deeply engaging
- Coach and support the PMs on your team and level up how the team operates.
- Attract and hire great PMs to Figma
- Help your team do all the things you’d expect from a PM org, like driving planning and prioritization, defining and tracking key metrics, collaborating on marketing, messaging, positioning, and go-to-market plans
Some projects you could work on:
- Developing a strategy to drive the next generation of growth for Figma’s entire product suite
- In conjunction with your teams, develop a community resource hub and social vision to engage our community and drive growth
- Identify the highest leverage platforms we can build (personalization, learning, etc) to support key user and team adoption metrics
- Work closely with our growth and community marketing teams to develop community and acquisition initiatives
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have deep user empathy and are able to understand complex product spaces
- Are a strong cross-functional collaborator, both within the product development organization and with business functions
- Have a background in driving adoption of freemium products, particularly ones with strong communities
- Have 3+ years experience managing PMs, and love creating the environment for a happy, successful team
- Are unafraid to do whatever it takes to make your team successful, whether that’s sweating the small details, doing IC work, or going back and forth with execs to find the right way forward.
- Have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.