IT Operations Program Manager
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Our IT team enables Figmates to do the best work of their lives. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide Figmates with the best service and support possible, from their first day onboarding to their last day at Figma. We are seeking a skilled Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead IT projects and programs that ensure reliability, efficiency, and accuracy while building customer trust.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving and coordinating projects that optimize our internal IT resources and processes. You will handle successful deployment and management of automation tools such as Okta, Moveworks and Freshservice, along with MDM. Your focus will include, but not be limited to, improving operational efficiencies in areas such as employee onboarding and offboarding, metrics reporting, and tracking SLA improvements.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage and execute IT projects, focusing on automation, process improvement, and tool integration
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify areas for process optimization, particularly in employee onboarding and offboarding
- Administer and optimize ITSM solutions like Moveworks and Freshservice
- Provide technical oversight for the deployment and maintenance of MDM solutions
- Ensure documentation and SOPs are up-to-date and adhere to organizational standards
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in IT operations or program management.
- Proven experience with automation tools like Moveworks and Freshservice
- Strong knowledge of MDM solutions and experience with Okta or similar IT tools
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of Agile and SAFe methodologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with process improvement in employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Experience using Asana, Okta, JAMF or similar tools
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.