Manager, Community Marketing (Singapore)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Core to Figma’s success - and heart - is our community! Community is important at Figma and is key to our bottom’s up adoption model and organic growth engine. As we scale into new geographies and audiences, we are looking for a leader to help take our community and team to the next level. This leader will be the thread that runs through our community spaces, community engagement and community product, globally. This person will connect the dots across teams and departments; setting strategy, showing impact, supporting cross functional company goals. In addition, this person will lead and grow our community team.
This is a full time role that can be held from our Singapore or Tokyo hub.
What you'll do at Figma:
Lead and manage
- Set the vision for our JAPAC community programs, and then complete those programs with an eye towards impact!
- Manage the best team around – keeping them motivated, engaged, and excited about their career growth
- Manage all community data, showing with metrics how community supports the business; report on program successes
Scale community programs
- Create a playbook for JAPAC community programs and regional localization, partnering with global community marketing. Formalize our playbook for scaling community in JAPAC as a key part of our bottoms-up go-to-market motion
- Optimize our current programs to grow with our audiences
- Devise new ways to scale community impact - including programs with influencers and affiliates.
- Experiment with new programs for new audiences, including product managers and developers
Drive Community engagement
- Create and implement cross functional campaigns to engage our community
- Find opportunities to surprise, delight, and show our community members, at scale
Some projects you could work on:
- Grow our developer community from zero to one
- Pilot influencer marketing at Figma, partnering with our growth team
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 4-7 years community experience and 8-10 years of relevant work experience. 3+ years leading teams
- Strategic thought leader and ability to influence - ability to articulate a brand vision that gets stakeholders on board & inspires teams and other leaders at the highest levels of the org
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Excel balancing both the analytical and human side of community
- Experience working in a high-growth company is preferred
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.