Events Operation Manager
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Own the virtual livestream events program, focusing on: educational livestreams, product launch events, and cross-functional virtual events.
- Lead the production of Config virtual, attracting thousands of attendees and featuring over 50 sessions featuring 100+ speakers.
- Own the events team operations, including implementing and owning new tools, developing more streamlined solutions and processes, and identify areas the team can be more efficient as we continue to scale.
- Develop event goals and work cross-functionally to track metrics that are critical to the success of all Figma events, such as: promotion tactics, leads, and opportunities created.
- Work closely with the growth + social teams to develop event promotion/launch plan strategies.
- Manage agency relationships for event production and execution.
- Deliver creative and innovative event experiences to engage and delight our users
Some projects you could work on:
- Config, our annual conference!
- Figma’s livestream series
- Collaborating with the marketing team to manage and standardize the Call for Proposals process for our user conferences, working with speakers from around the world.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience planning large-scale virtual events in a tech and/or design focused company.
- Experience managing complex projects. Working with people outside of your team and outside of the company excites you. You like mentoring and collaborating with new people and figuring problems out together.
- Great attention to detail. You like managing multiple work streams simultaneously, sweat the small stuff and leave no detail untouched.
- A knack for organization and bringing people into the process with clear visibility into your work. You would represent the Figma brand well from behind-the-scenes event execution to in-person coordination and communication with customers and speakers.
- A creative mind who likes bringing new ideas to existing projects and continuously pushes the team to try new things.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.