Engineering Manager - Growth Engagement
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Engagement area within the Growth organization is responsible for overall acquisition, education, activation and retention of users within the Figma product. It is composed of four teams that work together across the funnel. You will have to work closely with growth marketing, data science, finance and a host of other internal teams to drive a unified and cogent strategy to help us acquire and retain our next xM users. As Figma becomes a multi-product company, you will play a pivotal role in defining how we represent our changing brand of offerings.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage and support a group of engineering managers and teams responsible for features that help drive top of funnel, activation and retention for Figma’s core design tool.
- Partner closely with marketing, finance and data science to set forecasts and strategic direction for the overall company.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to your teams and others that collaborate with your teams to ensure a cohesive product experience and the right technical abstractions.
- Recruit, mentor and retain high performing engineers (and help with other cross functional roles). You’ll foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and taking calculated risks.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience hiring and leading teams as an engineering manager with at least 2 years of experience managing managers
- Previous experience working in growth teams and enjoy hypothesis and experiment driven product development.
- Previous experience working closely with marketing, paid acquisition, and SEO
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and enjoy solving cross-discipline problems. You are comfortable solving problems that are not in your domain.
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Experience digging into product analytics and data yourself to help create new opportunities or investment areas for your team
- Previously worked at company that had a strong PLG motion
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.