Manager, Data Engineering
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of data engineers who design and build scalable products and systems across Figma’s core product and GTM functions
- Partner with engineering, marketing, sales and finance leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for teams and projects
- Work closely with engineering and data science partners to up-level the use of data across the company
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community
- 2+ years of experience building and leading high output data engineering teams
- Experience building and scaling data systems as a leader and/or as an individual contributor
- Proven track record of building, scaling, and shipping high-quality products in high growth environments
- Firm knowledge of a variety of types of data engineering workflows such as analytics engineering, pipeline and ecosystem management, and distributed computing
- Experience working with industry standard tools such as DBT, Snowflake, and Dagster
- A commitment to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- A passion and unwavering commitment to engineering excellence
- A passion for deeply understanding the needs of our internal client teams and aligning roadmap to drive maximum business impact
- Experience with experimentation platforms, machine learning platforms, data governance and quality systems
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.