Manager, Software Engineering (Identity & Access Management)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Identity & Access Management (IAM) team. The IAM team owns foundational technology that empowers Figma to deliver secure, convenient, and scalable access to our customers. Sharing and real-time collaboration is the core of what makes Figma magic as a browser-first tool, and the IAM team owns the systems that makes this possible across a growing suite of products.
This team sits within the Enterprise area - you’ll work closely with other product teams focused on monetizing our largest customers. This is an opportunity to get in early on a growing team that works on interesting backend systems with large business impact.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Lead and support a team of backend-focused engineers responsible for developing Figma's identity & access management systems
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data science teams to develop the team’s vision, strategic goals, and roadmap
- Support engineering projects to enable our Enterprise customers to manage access to Figma at massive scale
- Support engineering projects to enable internal product teams to move fast and safely when building new products and writing authorization logic
- Recruit, mentor, and retain high-performing engineers. You'll contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and calculated risk-taking
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Hands-on technical experience: you have built complex backend systems as an individual contributor, and can represent the technical details of work shipped by the team you’ve managed.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building a high-performing and highly engaged engineering team. Track record of motivating, mentoring, and growing senior engineers.
- Proven track record of building, scaling, and shipping high-quality products in high growth environments
While not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Domain expertise in Identity & Access Management: you’ve worked on authorization, authentication, and/or identity systems.
- Previous experience in B2B SaaS and familiarity working with enterprise customers and/or enterprise identity protocols (SAML, SCIM)
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.