Manager, Software Engineering (Foundations)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Server Platform is at the core of Figma’s infrastructure foundation! This area owns the foundational layer of infrastructure that underpins all other infrastructure and application services at Figma. The Foundation team under Server Platform is Infrastructure's infrastructure. This team enables the efficient operation and rapid development of reliable infrastructure at Figma through opinionated platforms. We’re looking for a seasoned manager to lead and build this team out further as Figma continues to scale its world-class design products.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of engineers who design and build scalable services to power Figma’s infrastructure.
- Help grow and define the charter for key pieces of Figma’s Server Platform organization, owning important services around Infrastructure as Code, observability, edge, traffic systems, and more
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for teams and projects.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading high output engineering teams
- Experience building and scaling distributed systems as a leader and/or as an individual contributor within a public cloud environment, such as AWS or GCP
- Hands on experience with core software infrastructure systems and technologies, such as infrastructure as code, traffic systems, observability, and edge computing
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building a high-performing and highly engaged engineering team. Proven track record of motivating, mentoring, and guiding senior engineers.
- Demonstrated experience with understanding the needs of our internal client teams and aligning roadmap to drive maximum business impact
While not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Experience with building services in Kubernetes or similar container services
- A commitment to build an inclusive and diverse culture
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.