Software Engineer, Tablet
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
- Help own our FigJam on iPad product, building out new tablet-specific features and redesign web experiences to work well in a touch-first experience.
- Explore, prototype, and ship new whiteboarding and brainstorming products that we can bring to FigJam.
- Ship features to FigJam to make Stylus devices like Apple Pencil work great on our web-first product.
- Contribute to our “native layer”, the native UI that we build on tablet devices to bring a consistent user experience to a user’s platform of their choosing.
- Work closely with FigJam Product & Design to think about user experiences outside the realm of just Desktop.
- Craft performance objectives with your manager that align with company priorities and career development opportunities.
- Begin contributing to feature workstreams organized around weekly roadmap goals and longer-term milestones in partnership with engineers and designers - we don’t operate in silos.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience shipping user-facing features or products
- Experience communicating and working across functions to proactively drive solutions
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Tech lead experience
- Experience working on or leading development on a large frontend client application
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.