Researcher, Strategic Growth
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Help Figma grow and innovate by delivering strategic recommendations and/or research to explore and assess new opportunities, technologies, and markets
- Partner closely with multiple functions to identify opportunities, generate strategy, and define success
- Break down strategic, yet ambiguous questions into a clear agenda; designing and leading first-of-kind projects from start to finish, ultimately delivering meaningful impact to Figma’s business
- Leverage your product mindset and storytelling chops to identify actionable opportunities and influence a variety of teams’ roadmaps from Business to Marketing to Product
- Advocate for the role of Research as a strategic partner in the business process
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have at least 7 years of working experience in a consultancy, a design agency, an innovation or strategy department at a leading product company, or conducting research in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Deep expertise addressing a variety of business problems, spanning opportunity identification to product development to go-to-market
- Strong math and statistical skills, including experience in Excel modeling, financial analysis, and business case development
- Proficiency in a variety of research methodologies, spanning qualitative and quantitative methodological boundaries, to appropriately address business problems when needed
- Demonstrated success of identifying and delivering on growth opportunities and bringing products or services to market, including specific examples of actionable recommendations and meaningful impact resulting from your involvement
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and visual.
- Thoughtful approaches to developing trust and influencing a broad range of stakeholders, including senior leadership
While not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- An MBA or an additional Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience at or supporting a high growth B2B SaaS company
- Comfort with Figma’s suite of tools
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.