Manager, Software Engineering (Growth Expansion)
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Expansion team under Growth is on a mission to drive Expansion ARR by ensuring paying users across businesses and tiers find compelling reasons to stay, upgrade, and expand their Figma licenses. In this role, you will develop and execute monetization strategies using data-driven insights and experiments across Figma's diverse product offerings. Collaborating closely with internal teams, your role extends to effectively maintaining and optimizing upgrade pathways within our sophisticated products.
Join us in shaping Figma's future growth, innovation, and financial success!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Lead, grow and support a diverse team of full stack engineers responsible for Figma products’ license Expansion, upgrades and churn prevention across user segments.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for teams. Examples of key areas include pricing and tier differentiation, requests flow design and multi-product monetization.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to your teams and others that collaborate with your teams to ensure a cohesive product experience and the right technical abstractions.
- Work closely with Product, Research, Design, Data and other engineering teams to define and build best-in-class collaboration experiences and monetization strategies.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading high output engineering teams.
- Hands-on technical experience: you have built complex products and systems as an individual contributor, and can represent the technical details of work shipped by the team you’ve managed.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building a high-performing and highly engaged engineering team. Proven track record of motivating, mentoring, and guiding senior engineers.
- Prior experience in building and growing product businesses.
While not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Previous experience working in growth teams.
- Experience with hypothesis and experiment driven product development.
- Experience digging into product analytics, user research and data yourself to help create new opportunities or investment areas for your team.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.