Product Designer, Developer Tools
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a product designer to help lead design for Developer Tools, which is a major initiative at Figma and a key part of our customer base. In this role, you‘ll be focused on the developer experience inside and outside of Figma, and you’ll explore how we can continue to close the gaps between design and production.
Our first major developer product—Dev Mode—is still in an early stage, and there’s so much left to figure out. With an eye for simplicity and craft, curiosity for how product teams work together, and an appreciation for twisty technical challenges, you can help us define the future of design ↔ dev collaboration (and more!)
This is a full time role that can be held from our London hub, or remotely in the UK.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction.
- Help deliver clear storytelling around customer needs and business opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers.
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Design and ship high-quality features and product improvements.
- Be a mentor and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers (and benefit from strong personal and professional mentorship opportunities yourself!)
Some projects you could work on:
- Improve workflows, processes, and communication between designers and developers.
- Figure out how to better connect design systems in Figma to external code components in Dev Mode.
- Enhance Figma’s tooling for the developer audience, so it’s easier for teams to understand, adopt, and integrate with existing development workflows.
- Explore new AI technologies to help accelerate the design → production process.
- Imagine new possibilities in this space, and help craft the future vision for 2025 and beyond.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working as a product designer.
- 2+ years of experience working on a software product with similar scale or complexity.
- Experience using Figma and/or other design tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—you’re able to explain your design decisions and strategy with clear rationale and storytelling.
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Great attention to detail, and an eye for visual craft, such as composition, typography, and layout.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and product strategy.
- Familiarity with technical things like HTML/CSS, prototyping tools such as Origami, or advanced Figma features like Auto Layout, Variables, and Components.
- Past experience designing for developers, or partnering closely with developing on complex problems.
- A design/development hybrid background, or experience building websites or apps.
- A history of working on canvas-based interfaces or tools that support creative workflows.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.