Product Manager (French speaking)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We are looking for a Product Manager who strives to build world-class products to support our international expansion and the tremendous growth we’re seeing across many geographies and platform areas.
On the back of Handshake being the leading early talent network in the US (12M+ students, 1,400+ universities, 750K+ employers and a funding of $200M from leading investors) and a growing customer base in the UK, we’re doubling down on the region to bring more equitable access to opportunities for early talents to more countries across Europe. To be close to our partners, customers and users, we’re investing into growing our local product development team.
As a Product Manager on Handshake's European team, you will be responsible for launching and scaling the Handshake platform in more international markets while working closely with key local stakeholders across different regions. You will also own and drive global product initiatives for the Handshake product that will be used by millions of students and employers across the world.
Overall, you will play a key role in Handshake's global go-to-market goals and the overall development of our product.
As a Product Manager, you’ll plan and deliver a roadmap to:
- Expand into new markets: expand our network into new key international markets and ensure the requirements and expectations from local partners are continually exceeded
- Drive global initiatives: own projects and initiatives that will be rolled out and used across the Handshake product on a global scale
- Drive marketplace value: continually strive to identify and optimize the key points of value creation across all three sides of our global network
You’ll own the product development lifecycle end-to-end, including:
- Becoming a local expert: Working closely with our partners, customers, and teams in the regions to fully understand the nuances of the different international markets and build products that solve actual local problems
- Owning the product delivery process: Leading a high performing cross-functional squad, including engineering and design, from research and roadmap planning to delivery
- Driving the launch and adoption: Partnering closely on go-to-market and implementation, working with marketing, sales, and customer success to ensure a successful launch and adoption across different regions
- Fostering cross-Handshake partnerships: Working with stakeholders across the different Handshake teams on all sides of the marketplace, all international regions, as well as the teams in the US
- 4+ years partnering with engineering teams to ship code. Ideally in a many-stakeholder environment with cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Proven track record of prioritizing shipping and delivering great products to users
- Strong foundation in roadmap development and releasing products for complex, multi-sided marketplace businesses or SaaS platforms
- Empathy and user focus. You challenge your own assumptions, and dive headfirst into understanding the needs of our local partners and customers.
- Exceptional communication skills that include working with customers, users, and internal cross-functional partners as well as executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. You can create and run data-informed processes and make validated decisions based on research and data.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?