Customer Education Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Customer Education Manager to join our Employer Customer Experience team - working to manage and evolve our Handshake Pathfinders program. You will play an influential role in shaping the customer education strategy for employers and will successfully execute concise, impactful training content in one-to-many, self-service and automated channels. You will create learning experiences that deliver delight and value at scale.
- Design and deliver self-paced digital learning experiences including videos, in-app tutorials, webinars, office hours and online curriculums
- Become a product expert with a deep understanding of Handshake and how customers can best utilize it to meet their goals
- Build and optimize our LMS (currently Skilljar) to deliver a best-in-class customer learning experience
- Define success metrics to analyze the effectiveness of our educational offerings and continuously improve our customers’ learning experience
- Seek and maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development and meaningfully contribute to customer education strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Product, Marketing, Sales, Success and Support teams
- Curate and create content in direct response to the most frequently submitted questions, concerns and objections from customers
- Build and maintain a webinar program that can scale across segments and measurable customer value
- 5+ years in B2B SaaS in instructional design, video production and/or eLearning development
- Experience in content design with a learning management software (LMS)
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Strong track record of success with cross-functional collaboration across multiple and diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Experience using a data-driven approach to evaluate success and drive results
- Self-starter who exhibits accountability and strong organizational skills
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, appreciate and demonstrate flexibility as needed
- You’re a do-er with a bias towards action and creative problem-solving
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.