Strategic Account Executive
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We’re looking for a Strategic Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team, showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Drive revenue growth for Handshake’s clients
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, VP, and C Suite levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with Customer Success, Insights, and the Leadership and Executive teams to build and grow our Strategic Partnerships
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Build business value narratives that incorporate qualitative and quantitative ROI modeling
- Command, report, and forecast sales performance - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Create proposals, executive briefings, and seasonal business reviews for HR and business leaders at F100 companies.
- Expand pre-existing and new customer relationships by encouraging adoption and managing annual upsells
- At least 7+ years of sales experience in enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 3 years of large enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Successful in closing large six- and seven-figure deals
- Ability to navigate complex contract structures
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Experience preparing account plans, business value narratives
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with a go to market team
- Proven ability to engage with executives at F500 companies
Bonus areas of expertise
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 500 companies and other top brands
- $260,000 - $300,000 per year OTE
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?