CS/CX Strategy and Operations
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The CX/CS Strategy & Ops Lead is responsible for carrying out the customer support and success strategy to ensure that the company provides an exceptional customer experience. They will partner with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize customer needs, pain points, and opportunities for improvement, and develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline customer support and success operations. The CX/CS Strategy & Ops Lead will define and track key performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of customer support and success initiatives and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in customer support and success. They will need to have strong project management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
What You'll Achieve:
- Own the execution of the customer support and success strategy to ensure that the company provides an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline customer support and success operations - including capacity planning, defining CS and CX engagements based on segmentation, target setting etc.
- Refine and track key performance metrics (CSAT, FRT, Churn, Usage metrics, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of customer support and success initiatives.
- Build a robust forecasting process to determine trending towards targets across usage, churn, ticket volume etc.
- Help project manage enhancements/changes to tech stack for CS and CX (including Zendesk and Gainsight).
- Influence decision making and problem solving for CS and CX across programs, projects, and teams.
- Drive programs and initiatives for our Customer Success team in order to continually achieve better results in retention, expansion, advocacy and customer experience.
- Continuously iterate and improve our customer journey, touch-points, triggers, and playbooks in order to scale our business offerings.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in customer support and success strategy and operations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams; Experience managing a team of customer support and success professionals.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions to diagnose and scope problems, implement recommendations, and track success.
- Experience designing and launching large-scale enablement initiatives that involve varied audiences and cross-functional stakeholders.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to make an impact!
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $200,000 per year.