Learning & Development Program Manager, Manager Development
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The People Team at Notion exists to help build a generational company that enables people to do their best & most meaningful work. We’re looking for a seasoned L&D professional, one that enjoys getting their hands dirty, being a designer, a facilitator, and a consultant. This role operates at many levels - one minute, you’ll be consulting with a member of our Executive Team assessing and understanding needs, and the next, you’ll be facilitating a manager development program. This role requires someone to be innovative, creative and curious with the ability to make magical learning experiences happen. We have so much to explore, create and do, things we haven't even dreamed of yet.
What You'll Achieve:
- Ability to consult with executives, managers and cross-functional partners to identify the key skills and competencies required for effective management within our organization.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify gaps in managerial skills and create targeted development plans.
- Design and develop engaging and interactive live, virtual, and on-demand training sessions for managers and leaders across the organization using best practices.
- Research and implement innovative approaches and technologies in manager development to enhance program effectiveness and engagement.
- Facilitate group discussions, team building activities, and interactive sessions to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing among managers.
- Design and deliver training workshops, retreats, and other learning initiatives to enhance the leadership and management skills of our managers.
- Develop and implement strategies to measure the impact of manager development programs on organizational performance.
- Analyze and create a regular reporting structure to report on data related to manager development programs and make recommendations for new program and program enhancements.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 10+ years of experience; 5+ years of direct L&D experience in Manager Development
- Strong knowledge of innovative leadership and management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Nice to Haves:
- Managed or supervised teams before
- 5+ years working in fast-growing technology company.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $190,000 - $220,000 per year.