Strategic Sourcing Manager
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
This is our first Strategic Sourcing Manager hire in our Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will have the ability to build, scale and have real ownership and impact in a fast pace and dynamic environment. As a team, we aim to greatly enhance Notion’s long term profitability and sustainable growth. We reinforce and support our company strategic goals and values by securing the best possible value for our stakeholders in a transparent way. We partner together to empower all Notinos to purchase what they need so they can do their best work.
What You'll Achieve:
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements.
- Support Business Stakeholders through the source-to-pay processes, procedures and policies.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Legal, InfoSec, Privacy, Finance, IT, Compliance, etc. to help ensure new and existing vendors adhere to relevant requirements in these areas
- Review incoming and ongoing vendor engagement and contract requests.
- Collaborate to conduct RFx, lead and/or actively support contract negotiation with suppliers and agencies; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements.
- Support and influence negotiations with a focus on cost-reductions, spend-optimization, risk mitigation, and process compliance.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of industry experience in Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management with a technology focus
- Experience depth with Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay practices
- Experience in improving supplier performance and/or u rr supply chain processes
- Experience working with and managing technology suppliers
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key strategic decisions in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, entrepreneurial and cross-functional environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Legal and have a strong understanding of key negotiated terms
- Experience using Procurement and Sourcing Tools such as ZIP, SCOUT, COUPA, Oracle, etc.
- Masters Degree in a technical or business related field
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $140,000 - $185,000 per year.