IT Systems Engineer
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
As a critical member of the IT Systems Team, you will manage our SaaS application portfolio (Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, etc.) and build a culture around giving everyone the tools they need to succeed. We're looking for someone to roll out automation and help develop Notion's corporate infrastructure as a whole.
What You'll Achieve:
- Build and manage automation for employee lifecycle using Okta, Google Workspace, and other critical business systems
- Design and implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Create and maintain documentation around standard operation procedures, policies, and architecture
- Partner across business organizations to identify, evaluate, and resolve technical issues related to IT systems and integrations
- Develop and implement automation workflows to facilitate user provisioning, deprovisioning, and role based access control
- Function as a technical escalation point for the IT and Security organizations and the greater business
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant IAM solutions experience and 8+ years of general IT experience
- Hands-on enterprise experience and expertise with Google Workspace and Okta management
- Shown success building and configuring tools to automate identity management, employee lifecycle management, and role-based user access
- Experience in managing identity and access management tools and integrating them to critical SaaS tools including, but not limited to, Notion, Slack, Zoom, Okta, etc.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills and a
- A passion for learning and team first mindset
- Experience working cross-functionally with Security teams
- Experience managing employee devices (macOS, Windows) using device management software (Intune, Kandji)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $130,000 - $160,000 per year.