Lifecycle Marketing Manager
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion has millions of users who rely on Lifecycle Marketing to help them along their journeys with our tools. We’re looking for an experienced Lifecycle Marketer to join our Growth team to own activating, monetizing, expanding and retaining our diverse user base. You’ll achieve this by building personalized campaigns, leveraging data and user research to improve the user experience. You’ll partner with Product, Marketing, and Customer Success to build, test and scale a portfolio of experiments, indexing on learning, iterating, and shipping at speed. Most importantly, you’ll be an advocate for our users — sharing insights back to the company on how users are responding to different messaging and tactics, creating feedback flywheels across the company.
What You'll Achieve:
- User love and business impact: You’ll be responsible for creating delightful user experiences and driving business growth by improving user activation, conversion, and retention
- Partnership with cross-functional teams: As a data-driven growth marketer, you thrive working closely with Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams to optimize email and in-app touch points to drive incremental impact and learnings
- Build and launch personalized campaigns: One size fits all does not work for Notion’s diverse user base. You’ll be tasked with understanding top user segments and use cases, delivering focused messaging to the right user at the right time
- Constantly measure and report performance & learnings: We run high velocity, high impact campaigns to optimize for learnings. You’ll rigorously A/B test and execute a roadmap that improve metrics across the funnel
- Empathy and curiosity for users and the product: You’ll need to be in constant learning mode, developing a strong understanding of our users and their needs through curiosity and empathy. Notion can be complex, and it’s up to you to distill down the essentials so that anybody can become a toolmaker
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have 4-6 years of experience doing growth work (i.e., product management, growth marketing, lifecycle experimentation) — ideally in a fast-paced PLG company
- You know you can’t do this job alone, and that partnering across technical and business functions to produce holistic customer journeys is essential
- You enjoy working in scrappy, fast-paced working environment. You pride yourself on trying things quickly, learning and iterating, and then either pivoting or scaling
- You’re excited to own challenging projects that produce user delight as well as business impact backed up by incrementality
- A knack for art and science — you’re just as comfortable making messaging and design suggestions as you are analyzing a spreadsheet and quantifying results
- You’re insatiably curious: you're fascinated by how people behave and have a scientific mindset about how to make even small changes in decision-making
- You have a data-driven, product mindset: you tackle complex problems with systems thinking, you love automating manual processes, and can communicate your ideas with structured thinking
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in B2B, B2C, and B2C2B marketing
- Experience building in a product-led growth company
- Experience partnering with agencies to scale impact
- Knowledge of customer.io, HTML, SQL, Figma
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $135,000-$170,000 per year.