Head of Sales, ANZ, SEA & India
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion is transitioning from ‘start-up’ to ‘scale-up’. The APAC region currently accounts for a significant portion of our user base and global revenue. We are looking for an exceptional Sales leader to help scale us to the next level. Given the strong subscription and license based revenue model, building out our sales program is a vital part of our long term growth strategy.
As an early team member in our new office, you'll play a pivotal role in determining our Go-To-Market strategy, influencing our future product, and driving business revenue, all while enjoying the process! Based in our Sydney office, this role involves building and managing sales for ANZ, SEA, and India. The individual will be responsible for acquiring and expanding our customer base through Sales Development Representative, Account Executive, Account Manager, and Customer Success roles. The position additionally requires active participation in local user communities and the startup ecosystem, and engagement in media speaking events.
What You'll Achieve:
- As the Head of Sales for ANZ, SEA, and India, you will create a strategy to generate new revenue in the mid-market/enterprise segment for Notion's business products.
- You will be responsible for recruiting, developing, and leading the team, which includes Sales Development Representatives, Account Executives, Account Managers, and Customer Success Representatives. Your role will involve overseeing daily activities, setting clear expectations, and managing performance goals.
- You will partner with leaders in Sales Operations, Marketing, and Sales Development to plan territory mapping and pipeline development programs.
- Understanding the importance of communication and collaboration, you will work closely with our Product, Marketing, and Sales leadership teams to define a customer-first mentality and gain insights into the ideal customer profile.
- You will collaborate with your regional sales counterparts in APAC, EMEA, and AMER to develop a cohesive global sales strategy.
- As an early member of our sales organization, you will help grow the foundations of Sales at Notion by defining our inbound and outbound sales motions.
- You will interact with the local user community and startup ecosystem to communicate our product and gather feedback.
- You will evangelize Notion's mission and innovation through engaging media interviews.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've achieved profitability and reached over three million users with a small team, providing a huge opportunity for growth. You'll join at the perfect time to shape our growth strategy.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: Your engagement with customers will provide insights to help us serve them better and inform our product development.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10 times our size in less time. There's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are inspired by our mission of making software tooling ubiquitous
- You have 10+ years experience as a direct sales leader/manager & regional sales leader
- You have experience leading inbound and outbound motions across all segments
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- You have strong recognized leadership skills with a focus on empowerment, positive-mindsets, collaboration and ability to inspire a team of direct reports
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in the building stage of a nascent team
- You view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- You have a high EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving as part of a regional leadership team
- You have strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- You have a good understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
Nice to Haves:
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast growing start up before
- Experienced in hiring and training talent at scale
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.