Account Executive, Mid-Market
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
We're looking for a motivated Account Executive with an entrepreneurial and building spirit to join our sales team! As an early member of the team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales motion, meaningfully shape our future product, and drive business revenue all while having a blast doing it!
What You'll Achieve:
- Prospect and develop new potential accounts by educating contacts about how they can increase their team's collaboration, transparency, and productivity with Notion
- Hunt and close new logos within your territory
- Hold face-to-face and Zoom meetings with prospective customers to understand their business challenges and goals
- Run product demos to close business at or above quota level
- Help build playbooks and define our sales motion
- Liaise with our incredible user base to provide world class customer experience
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 2+ years of full cycle sales at a fast growing software company
- A track record of high achievement in current and previous roles hitting or exceeding quotas
- A phenomenally strong communicator
- Engaging and compelling presentation skills
- A positive and open minded attitude
- A strong desire to be successful without sacrificing your values
- A builders mentality who thrives in collaborative environments
- An ability to operate within the gray and find creative or out-of-the-box solutions when faced with ambiguity
Nice to Haves:
- You've been an early sales hire at a fast growing start up before
- You've got strong technical chops
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated range for total on target earnings (including base salary and on target incentive pay) for this role is $180,000 - $205,000 per year.