Social Media Lead
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Social media is how Notion connects daily with our >20 million users. Given the size of our communities on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and LinkedIn, this role is responsible for creating content for an audience the size of a small country.
We have ambitious business goals to make Notion ubiquitous. As a steward of our public channels, you will be a key part of realizing that vision and bringing our brand to life.
We're looking for an instinctive storyteller who isn’t afraid to experiment with voice and add a dash of whimsy. As a fluid communicator, you know how to make a brand sing across multiple channels, audiences, and communities.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate. You are a self-starter and a fount of ideas, but also know that successful execution requires managing projects cross-functionally, taking in and prioritizing requests from across the organization, and communicating with all stakeholders. Grow our audience across social channels and spotlight Notion’s employees and thought leaders in creative ways.
- Strategize. You understand the importance of creating a content ecosystem and even if you haven’t held a formal strategic role, have strategic instincts. You will set the vision for our social platforms, then work cross-functionally to achieve those goals. Leveraging both data and intuition, you'll determine the best ways to educate our audience, deepen their engagement, celebrate their accomplishments, project our brand identity, and trumpet our news — all without falling into rote patterns.
- Test. You are risk tolerant and love to experiment. The faster we can figure out what works, the sooner we can reach more people in compelling ways. You'll identify social media metrics that map to our goals, determine what type of content we should invest in, and iterate as you go.
- Expand. You know the audience reach of our current channels, stay on top of emergent channels, and look for opportunities to expand. You'll monitor conversation taking place across our existing channels and help us branch into new ones where we can seed and grow an audience, whether that's Pinterest, Discord, Reddit, or something yet to take off.
- Write. You'll be reviewing Notion's most important short-form copy every day across Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Facebook — and writing some of it yourself. You'll be the steward of our profiles and owner of our social voice and tone, making sure both evolve as fast as we do.
- Design. You are a scrappy creator and producer who doesn’t make perfect the enemy of good. Notion is very visual and best learned by seeing it in action or in context of who's using it and how. You'll develop ways to express the product and brand visually by creating assets yourself, and work with our top-of-class Creative Studio to bring ideas to life.
What We're Looking For:
- You've scaled brand accounts before. You’ve been to this rodeo before and are now ready to run it.
- You've built significant communities. You've amassed a serious following for a brand (or yourself). You know what strategies and tactics work and can bring them to global scale.
- You’re an expert collaborator. This role interfaces with people across all teams at Notion: product, recruiting, marketing, creative, comms, and more. You know how to craft deep cross-functional relationships to move quickly and deliver top-tier work.
- You understand both B2B and B2C marketing. Notion’s international user base is diverse. You know how to communicate with everyone from enterprise buyers to college freshmen.
- You stay up with the trends. You know how fast social can move. Channels rise and fall. Memes come and go. We want our content to feel classic and current.
- You are allergic to cliches. Notion doesn’t pick fights on Twitter. We don't share meandering “thought leadership” posts on LinkedIn. You know when not to lean in.
- You are an excellent writer. Compelling communication requires exceptional writing craft. You are a strong writer and have a portfolio that demonstrates distinct brand voice.
- You bring design to the table. You have experience with creating visual assets — photography, video, motion graphics, illustration, fine art — and can point to numerous projects where you worked side-by-side with design and content teams to create arresting work.
Important note: The above is what we suspect the right background might be — but this role is one where there’s really no such thing as “right background.” We'd love to hear from artists and creative producers with all kinds of strengths and ideas.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $145,000-$180,000 per year.