Human Resources Business Partner
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in-person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The People Team at Notion exists to help build a generational company that enables people to do their best & most meaningful work. We’re looking for a strategic People Partner to partner with our Engineering teams. This role operates at all altitudes - one minute, you’ll be building a people strategy with a member of our leadership team, and the next, you’ll be coaching an employee.
What You'll Achieve:
- Build deep partnerships with the leadership team, and serve as a conduit between the Engineering organization and the People Team.
- Advise on, create, and execute people strategies that drive the business forward. Consult with the leadership team on Talent Planning, Org Design, Retention Strategies, and Change Management.
- Build career pathways that drive the business forward, to ensure we retain Notino’s long-term.
- Share proactive insights from people data, to uncover hot spots, and ensure Notion is being proactive to retain top talent.
- Support the 360 performance review process: manager calibrations, facilitate training sessions, and host office hours.
- Coach Managers to lead through change, effectively performance manage, and increase employee engagement with ongoing feedback and effective communication.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Experience working with Engineering, Design, Quality assurance and Customer Experience leaders.
- Solutions-driven with an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to remain tactful and calm in all situations.
- Highly adaptable and will thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Great sense of humor! 🤪
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Global workforce.
- 5+ years working in fast-growing technology company.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.