Lead, Client Risk Data and Analytics
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the team
The client risk team is a new and fast growing function at Wealthsimple. We are looking for someone to lead this function and play a critical role in developing the framework and data driven approach to quantifying the risks created by new financial product offerings across our business lines.
This individual will leverage a deep understanding of data to account for market conditions, historical volatility, user growth and concentration of positions/trades that could result in outsized exposures for the business. They will also partner with product teams to inform good risk/reward trade offs for new product launches and implement monitoring and controls where necessary.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build risk models to help inform business strategies and drive decisions
- Partner with product leadership team on new products to make risk and reward tradeoffs
- Quantify aggregate level risks to the business of various strategies and products to understand the likelihood and potential severity of risk exposure events
- Propose and implement controls to senior stakeholders based on risk level analysis
- Quantify client level risks created by how clients are using our products to understand risks both at an aggregate and individual level
- Work with some exciting new brokerage products, i.e. options, margin, etc.
- Scale the team over time as business needs expand
- Set organizational standards and influence our data science and engineering culture
Skills we are looking for:
- Strong data skills: dashboards, reporting, visualization, data manipulation
- Experience with statistical analysis: experimental design, champion/challenger (or A/B) testing, model accuracy, optimal threshold, decision trees
- Leadership experience: managing small technical teams or projects
- Domain knowledge in financial services and risk management
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Excellent communication skills to partner with cross-functional teams
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.