Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $30 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
As part of our in-house creative team, you’ll help answer briefs from across Wealthsimple’s entire product lineup to create smart, engaging, effective content. We value great ideas and big thinking, but we’ve got zero tolerance for great big egos. We promise to challenge you to learn and grow every day — and promise we’ll have fun doing it, too.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a fantastic writer — creative, clear, and succinct
- Has experience writing for consumer-facing brands
- Understands multiple channels and how consumers use them
- Moves quickly, is decisive, and lives for the challenge of simplifying complex ideas
- Is always ready to work cross-functionally with designers, channel managers, product marketers, legal, and others around the organization
- Is well-versed in the briefing process and takes ownership over projects and deadlines
- Thinks strategically, takes initiative, and embodies leadership qualities
- Isn’t afraid to get curious and ask the kinds of questions that deliver the best kind of work
- Has a love for process-driven creative and foundational brand work
- Believes that personal finance, investing, and taxes can be genuinely interesting — and gets excited about making them interesting to others
- Bonus credentials: Has experience with and/or exposure to content design, email journey mapping, or writing for regulated industries
You’ll work on:
- Lifecycle marketing content: emails, modals, growth ads
- Website copy and strategy
- Marketing messaging for new products and features
- Evergreen brand content
- Stuff we haven't even thought of yet
If all this sounds good to you, we’d love to meet.
To apply, send us your resume, as well as a portfolio containing 3 or more writing samples that showcase your skill and versatility as a writer.
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.